The Annual Meeting involves all regional delegates meeting to promote and review the purposes and operation of the New Zealand Literacy Association.
Follow standard meeting procedures to deal with agenda items.
- The date of the Annual Meeting is fixed for the weekend following Queen’s Birthday, unless otherwise negotiated.
- The venue for the Annual Meeting is in Wellington
- Each regional council may be represented by one delegate and up to two observers.
- Regional delegates have voting rights. Observers have speaking but no voting rights.
- In the case of financial hardship a regional council may apply for funding assistance for a delegate only to attend the annual meeting. A request must be put in writing to the treasurer, with a detailed current financial report of the council, at least eight weeks before the meeting for consideration
- Regional councils are responsible for covering expenses for their delegate and observer in regard to
– Booking and paying for accommodation (1 or 2 nights)
– Booking and paying for travel. Send a copy of receipt for the delegate’s travel to National Secretary for equalization
– Breakfast / dinner
- The executive will fund costs for executive members and Forum editor. These cover accommodation, travel, breakfast and dinner.
- The national secretary requests items for the agenda from all delegates, prepares and circulates an agenda along with copies of other relevant documents prior to the meeting.
- The national treasurer books and confirms rooms for executive members and Forum editor and organises refreshments.
- The national executive will fund lunch and morning tea on Saturday, and a light lunch on Sunday.
- Delegates must send a copy of their council report to the secretary at least one month before the annual meeting for circulation to all delegates.
- Forum editor must present the editor’s annual report at annual meeting.
- The secretary will circulate minutes as soon as possible after the annual meeting.
Reviewed June 2014