Literacy through Play
Thu 25th Mar 2021
- Time: 3.30pm -6.30pm
- Venue: Te Ao Mārama School
- Member: $35
- Non Members: $45
We are delighted to bring Linda Cheer from Longworth Education – specialists in Play Based Learning to present a workshop on Literacy through Play. Intended Audience: Junior School Educators, Early Childhood Educators and Management. Linda’s presentation will focus on how we can teach literacy through the play. So, the main points will be……
• Applying the Constructivist Theory to Literacy.
• Establishing a balanced programme within a flexible timetable.
• Focusing on quality not quantity.
• Noticing and responding to the literacy in the play.
• Exploring the magic and joy of teaching literacy through play.