- Time: Application Deadline April 13
The Auckland Literacy Association offers four sponsorships for members to attend the national NZLA conference, which is being held this year in Palmerston North, from Wednesday 3 October to Friday 5 October 2018. This conference offers significant professional development and an opportunity to mix with colleagues from New Zealand and overseas. Two sponsorships will be for early career teachers (teaching six years or less) and two for experienced teachers (teaching six years or more).
ALA will pay registration, travel, accommodation for three nights on a shared twin basis and a koha for incidentals. Any other costs are at the individual’s expense.
– You (or your school) must be a current financial member of ALA.
– You will be required to write a report of the conference, for inclusion in the ALA Newsletter.
– You must have a written statement of support from a senior staff member from your school or centre.
– Nominations must not exceed one page.
– Late or excessive nominations will not be considered.
– You must be willing to attend general ALA meetings.
– You must sign to indicate acceptance of these requirements.
– Failure to attend the conference will result in the individual being required to repay the cost of the
– You will be required to work with the other sponsored teachers in a joint presentation of your experience at the
ALA General Meeting.
Please apply on this application form only and send to Heather Bell
2/3 Francis Street, Takapuna 0622 or email email@example.com no
later than 5:00pm on Friday 13 April 2018.