The New Zealand Literacy Association is pleased to announce the availability of TWO international literacy awards for 2016. Both awards, supported by The Marie Clay Literacy Trust, will allow for a New Zealand educator to attend an overseas Literacy Conference in 2016.
Applicants should apply in writing and include the following:
- details of the conference
- reasons for wanting to attend
- proposed personal professional development benefits
- a brief summary that includes some of the following;
- leadership within the school/institution, recent extra study in literacy, demonstrated/acknowledged success in the literacy field and leadership in a wider educational setting.
- All applications should be accompanied by a statement/s of attestation of the above and a letter from the president of you local council verifying current NZLA Membership. The successful applicant will be expected to publish a report in Literacy Forum NZ. The grant in aid support may include airfares, conference registration and accommodation.
Applications should be addressed to:
International Conference Travel Award 2016
c/o Jane Taylor
Napier Central School
32 Napier Terrace
The closing date for applications is 6 November 2015.
Applicants will be advised of the outcome before 30 November 2015.
The Trust will not engage in any correspondence.