MCLT $5000 Travel Award
TWO Awards Annually
Not offered in 2023
The New Zealand Literacy Association is pleased to announce the availability of TWO international literacy travel awards annually. Both awards, supported by The Marie Clay Literacy Trust, allow for a New Zealand educator to attend an overseas Literacy Conference in the following year.
Applications open annually on the 1st July.
Applicants should apply in writing and include the following:
- Details of the conference
- Reasons for wanting to attend
- Proposed personal professional development benefits
- A brief summary that includes some of the following; leadership within the school/institution, recent extra study in literacy, demonstrated & acknowledged success in the literacy field and leadership in a wider educational setting.
- Applications must be accompanied by a statement/s of attestation of the above and a letter from the president of your local council verifying current individual NZLA membership, length of membership service and contributions to the local council.
- The successful applicant will be expected to publish a report in Literacy Forum NZ.
The award may be used for airfares, conference registration and accommodation.
Email applications only please. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date each year for applications is the 15th September.
Applicants will be advised of the outcome by 15th October.
Travel Award Winners $5000 per recipient
2018 Kate Birch & Karen Hinge
2017 Helen Brunner & Jenny Reichenbach
2016 Judy Aitken & Heather McQuillan
2015 Christine Donnelly & Heather Hardy
2014 Mal Thompson & Moira Newton
2013 Gayl Squires & Sue Bridges
2012 Jane Carroll & Joan Gibbons